Mystic India 3 – Spirit of South India
February 21, 2020 @ 9:00 pm - March 7, 2020 @ 7:30 pm UTC£2199
This is ridiculous. This India trip thing has become so popular that we don’t have a choice but come up with a new blinking trip every year! But hey, it’s fun and I look forward to these trips myself. It’s my highlight of the year.
So here it is again…. and this time it’s South India – a hub of incredible culture and spirituality. And yes, everything’s taken care of – comfortable travel, luxury accommodation, delicious food and good company. You literally need to just come along and enjoy your experience. We’ll take care of the rest.
Itinerary of travel – 2020*
21 Feb: Depart London Heathrow
22 Feb: Mumbai
23 – 24 Feb: Chennai
25 – 26 Feb: Tirupati
27 – 28 Feb: Mahabalipuram
29 Feb – 1 Mar: Sri Rangam
2 Mar: Madurai
3 – 5 Mar: Govardhan Eco village
6 Mar: Mumbai
7 Mar: Depart Mumbai for London Heathrow
*Itinerary approximate and subject to change
Part 1: Mumbai
Begin and end your trip in Mumbai, the financial and entertainment capital of India and home of Bollywood situated across 7 islands. Visit the Elephanta caves at the start and and do some important shopping at the end before you head off back to London.
Part 2: Tirupati & Chennai
Chennai is India’s ‘smart’ city and after spending a couple of days here, we head over to the Tirupati temple – situated amidst 7 hills in a picturesque location where thousands head over everyday to absorb the spiritual atmosphere. Tirupati temple, first built around 100 BC and one of the richest temples in the world that exemplifies opulent worship of Krishna. We spend two nights atop the hill here.
Part 3: Mahabalipuram
Couple of nights in this beautiful place that is now a UNESCO world heritage site. Visit the carved temples and rock cut caves and spend some time on a lovely sandy beach. Oh, and you can have a swim in the ocean too, if you like.
Part 4: Sri Rangam
Srirangam is an island bound by the Kaveri river, and an ancient city existing since centuries that entirely revolves around devotion to Krishna. The temple here is the biggest functioning temple in the world. The deities and beautiful temples will reawaken your inner spiritual feelings and the friendly and hospitable people will melt your heart.
Part 5: Madurai
Situated on the banks of the Vaigai river, Madurai has been a major settlement for over two millenia. The meenakshi temple in Madurai, one of the largest ones in south India is a living temple full of activity where hundreds of couples wait in queues to get married everyday. Different ones of course!
Part 6: Govardhan Eco village
The Govardhan eco village is a place where you can relax, get some massages or ayurvedic treatments, do some yoga and even go trekking up a hill if you’re up for it. A peaceful village apt for the perfect relaxation. It is a replica of Vrindavan, the spiritual city – but without the hustle, bustle and tooting of the rickshaws and buses
Early bird price £2199
Valid till September 3o, after which prices will change based on flight prices.
What’s included in your price?
- Accommodation (Shared between two, the best available, mostly 3-5 star)
- 3 Vegetarian meals everyday
- Onward and return flights to India
- Internal flights, coach and travel tickets
- Entry tickets for attractions that are part of the trip
What’s NOT included in your price?
- Visa costs, travel/medical insurance, and vaccination charges
- Any extra meals, gifts or facilities you may want to buy
- Any extra attractions you may want to visit
- Any extra travel that you may want to do
- Anything extra that is not included in the ‘included’ list above
- If you prefer to have your own room on the trip or just in certain locations, please let us know and we will send you an updated quote (subject to availability)
Interest-free installment option (Only available for bookings before November)
If you don’t want me to hassle you every now and then, you can choose to pay everything in one go and get it over and done with. But if you’re really saving up for NASA’s promised holiday on the moon in 2050, you can choose to pay in interest free installments.
- Booking deposit £99 (So we know you’re coming and pays for our hard work – non refundable)
- First installment £1000 (We’ll book your flights and internal travel so you don’t have to travel on an ox-cart – non refundable)
- Second installment £600 (We’ll make sure you’re fed and don’t have to sleep on the road – non refundable)
- Final installment £500 (We’ll arrange for herbal tea, cookies, have someone guide you on the trip, and add all the essentials to make sure you’re having fun – possibly refundable depending on time of cancellation)
All payment must be completed by 31 January 2019 (No refunds thereafter)
How do I register and pay?
Fill out the form below. Even if you haven’t made a decision yet, but are considering it, let us know so we keep you in the loop. Once you’ve registered we’ll get in touch and take it from there.