Be a Monk / Veda / Sabbatical residential courses (Men & Women)
March 4 @ 8:00 am - May 27 @ 5:00 pm UTCTBC
What are the Be a Monk, Veda, and Sabbatical courses all about?
Spend 7 days, 3 months, or 6 months at the magnificent Bhaktivedanta Manor – a spiritual sanctuary located in the Hertfordshire countryside – and take an adventure into the realm of spirituality, uncovering the mysteries of the spirit soul, the thought-provoking concept of karma, the mind-blowing experiences of reincarnation and much more. No amount of space travel can compare to the flight of your very own experience of your inner self.
What will it do for me?
These courses will give you an opportunity to cut yourself off from everyday distractions and focus fully on spiritual practices. You will get to know yourself better spiritually, strengthen your mind and determination and, most importantly, have an amazing time with like-minded individuals!
What do I learn in these courses?
- Be a Monk (7 days)
The 7-day Be a Monk challenge is a great entry-level residential course. It gives an amazing opportunity to experience a taster of spiritual living. Here are a few things you will learn during your stay:
- Engage in meditation, singing and dancing every morning as part of the spiritual sessions.
- Later on in the morning you’ll take part in various activities like spending time on the organic farm, learning to work with cows and oxen, distributing food on our ‘Food for all’ campaign, and many other activities around the temple.
- In the afternoons you will learn topics of philosophy like the soul, karma, reincarnation, and the practical application of ancient philosophy.
- Evenings will be free to spend some time for yourself, reflect, and relax.
- There will also be sessions on yoga, cooking, martial arts (optional) and music.
- Delicious vegetarian meals, 3 times a day.
- Opportunity to speak to the monks and share experiences.
- The Veda course (3 months)
The 3-month Veda course is a good choice if you’re already familiar with Krishna consciousness and want to go deeper. Here are a few things you will learn during your stay:
- Everything that is covered by the Be a Monk challenge, plus
- In-depth study of various aspects of the philosophy and books on theology and philosophy, devotional practice, and Vaisnava culture and etiquette.
- Taking part in various programmes and teaching spiritual living to various groups.
- Opportunity to travel around the country and stay on longer after graduation.
- Greater absorption and experience of living in a spiritual community.
- The sabbatical (6 months)
The 6-month Sabbatical course is a good choice if you’ve been practising Krishna consciousness for a while and want to get serious and take things one step further. Here are a few things you will learn during your stay:
- Everything that is covered by the Veda course, plus
- In-depth study of certain books of the philosophy, such as the Bhagavad Gita, Nectar of Devotion, Nectar of Instruction and Sri Isopanisad, at the end of which you will get a Bhakti Shastri degree.
- Spend 3 months in India travelling to various places of spiritual interest with like-minded individuals!
- Opportunity to stay on and join the ashram and be part of the community upon graduation.
Hang on, where will I sleep overnight?
You’ll be staying in the guest quarters at Bhaktivedanta Manor, an ancient historical mock-Tudor mansion in the company of fellow spiritual seekers and mentors to give you guidance and advice. Here, check this video out. That’s the place…
Will it cost me anything?
Hmm, just a little bit. About £50 for the 7-day challenge, and maybe a bit more for the Veda course and the Sabbatical. But that’s peanuts for the rewards you get! And it all goes to charity.
OK, sounds good – what’s the deal?
Cool. Let us know you’re interested and we’ll get back to you with more information. Dates are listed on the form. Please select the ones that work for you. If you have any questions, just put them in the text area provided, and please do provide us with some information as to what inspired you to do this!