Been to one of these before? Please click on 'User Ratings' below and leave us a rating!
Fun & Entertainment9
Friendliness and Welcome9.5
Worth the trip10
The Family Fun Day for 2017 is on the 1st JULY
What will I get from the Family Fun Day?
The Family Fun Day will give you and your family an incredible experience of activities and fun in the Hare Krishna tradition. You will have the opportunity to explore the amazing Bhaktivedanta Manor in a comfortable and friendly environment with lot of activities to take part in. The manor was gifted by George Harrison of the Beatles in 1973 and is home to the George Harrison Garden, Woodland Walk, the biggest cow protection and working oxen centre in the UK, organic farm, a magnificent Krishna Temple, Meditation rooms, and much more! You will have an opportunity to:
- Get a tour of the Mock-Tudor mansion gifted by the Beatles FREE
- Feed the Oxen, Cows and the Calves
- Go on an Ox-cart ride FREE
- Try some face-painting
- Decorate your hands with some Henna designs
- Discover your future with ancient Indian palm-reading
- Have some fun on the bouncy castle (kids only)
- Try some amazing cuisines, snacks and sweets
- Discover a traditional eastern culture with the Temple and Meditation rooms FREE
- Learn about the history of the Hare Krishna movement FREE
- Meet the monks and ask questions FREE
- Join in with some some yoga and meditation taster sessions FREE
- Relish a sumptuous veggie lunch FREE
There are many more things to do and we can’t list them all here!
How much do I pay?
Entry the the Family Fun Day is FREE and so are a lot of activities. Some activities require just a small charge to pay for the items used.
Can I just turn up?
Yes, you can! Please do register with the registration gazebo to claim your free access to a lot of activities on site.
Is there free parking?
Yes, and there’s lots of it!
What time is the FREE lunch?
The free lunch is at 2pm.
Can I bring my dog?
Although dogs are generally welcome on lead on the grounds during regular days, we request you not to bring your dog due to the number people present and any concerns they may have.
How long can I spend?
All day if you like. But a tour would take about 20 minutes, and then it depends what activities you want to take part in. We recommend a couple of hours at least to get the full experience!
What time is the yoga?
Three sessions – 11.30 am, 12.30pm, and 1.30pm. Please bring a yoga mat if you have one, otherwise we’ll have one for you here. Due to the limitation of the size of the rooms, we’ll only be able to take the first 15 yoga enthusiasts!
What should I do if I have further questions?
Please click the link below to get in touch with us 🙂Get in touch
PLEASE LOOK UP TRAVELLING DIRECTIONS BEFORE YOU ARRIVE. THERE IS NO ACCESS THROUGH THE VILLAGE.
Click this link and scroll down for directionsGet in touch
Here’s a quick (and really lousy) video we made from last year’s open day. (We need a good video editor if you’d like to volunteer!)